At ValueSafes, we are
experts on fireproof safes and in addition to helping you chose the right kind
of safe, we will also show you to install that fireproof safe.
Below are some PDF files I
encourage you to check out. To view
the PDF left click the link of the safe you would like to see
instructions for, to download directions you must right click the
link and choose save as:To view the PDF left click the link of the safe you would like to see instructions for, to download directions you must right click the link and choose save as:
With years of locksmith experience, I get many questions in regards to bolting down a safe. Below are simple instructions that will carry you through the process of installing your safe:
• I place the safe where I want to mount then open the door and find the mounting hole in the center of the safe for fireproof safes or in each corner for non-fire rated safes.
• Use the black marker to color the floor where you want it to go.
• Move the safe out of the way. If you have carpet, cut away a hole about the size of a 50 cent piece so you can gain access to the floor beneath. Drill your hole and vacuum up any dust out of the hole. In concrete, it will be around 3-4 inches deep.
• Return safe back over the hole and line it up.
• Take the bolt and push it down through the safe into the hole beneath. However, I find this is not very easy, so I like to smack it two or three times to get it into the hole.
• Once down and in place, there is a nut on top of the bolt that will need tightening with several turns to expand the sleeve on the bolt and grab the walls of the foundation or wood floor and sub floor.
And that's all there is to it! Please go the extra step in adding this as a final layer of security for your fireproof or burglary rated safe. By doing this you will add the weight of the floor to the weight of the safe! If you have any questions about installing your safe, please contact us at 877-629-6214 or send us an email at email@example.com.